In a word absolutely
In our industry we constantly hear conflicting news about the relevance of meta data, more pointedly Meta Keywords
and Meta Description.
Note: Meta Data is in the code of your website, in the head of the page script.
We have stopped taking advice from articles and other sources and instead monitored the results ourselves.
The results speak for themselves, in short we have listings on page one of google for our clients sites that
directly use the Meta Description in the page summary in Google results. Along with enhancing the keyword result
and Google page positioning.
If you have a website, and your struggling to get the most out of your website SEO, (Search Engine Optimization),
then make sure your Meta Data is addressed, and used effectively. Content and use of Heading tags (h1, h2 and h3)
will be the most important, but Meta Data plays a very important role.
Meta Data should directly reflect your sites content, make sure each word in your Meta Data is in the body of the
Some golden rules for SEO:
- Use h1, h2 and h3 tags effectively
Note: Wix does not use these tags which have proven to have SEO issues
- Content should be loaded with keywords that reflect your business and what visitors would search for.
This is particularly important in the h1, h2 and h3 tags.
- Links should be clear and point to each area of your website you want searched. Make sure you have text
links duplicated on your site as well as a menu.
- Use ALT tags in your images, setup ALT tags on all your images to make sure you are making the most of
them, load the ALT tags with a description of the image using your keywords.
- Keywords should be minimal. Rather than having 20 keywords you are better off going for 3-5 keywords and
targeting them heavily throughout the website.
- Make sure each pages content and meta data is different but inline with your primary keywords. Google will
penalize pages with repeated content.
- Use tools, there are lots of tools out there that can help you optimize and setup your content effectively.
If you need help with SEO, call us for a free consultation, don't forget we are here to help you.